At Encore we want you to be happy with your PC and Laptop, so we include a minimum 90 day warranty as standard.
There are some exceptions to this, as noted below:
- Extended Warranty – If you purchased the 12 Month Extended Warranty on your device at the time of ordering.
- Open Box & New Items - Items sold as new, or open box will come with the manufacturers standard 1 year warranty. Where the remaining manufacturer warranty is less than 12 months, Stone Group will honour the shortfall, up to 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Get Online @ Home - If you purchased your computer through Microsoft's Get Online @ Home scheme, your device includes a 6 month warranty.
- Simplify Digital - If you signed up for a broadband package through Simplify Digital and Get Online @ Home, your device includes a 12 month warranty.
What the warranty covers
Our warranty covers your machine against technical defects that develop within the warranty period defined above, starting from the day you receive your device. The warranty operates on a return to base policy (RTB) - by this we mean that we will collect your machine and return it to our repair centre to be fixed. We do not operate an on-site warranty or arrange for engineers to visit you at home or work.
Typical faults include:
- Hard drive failures
- Memory issues
- Screen/display issues (Cracked, damaged or broken screens are not covered unless the damage is caused in transit.)
- DOA Batteries
- Keyboard/Trackpad/Speakers not working
- Power issues/Not Charging
Problems or faults that are not covered include: (This list is not exhaustive)
- Software Problems (whether the software was pre-installed or not)
- Viruses, Spyware, Malware, Ransomware
- Physical damage
- Water/Liquid Damage
- Damage caused by third party upgrades or modifications
- Malicious or intentional damage
Making A Claim
If something does go wrong with your machine and you're still within the warranty period, please view the information on the returns page under ‘How to return your item – if your device if faulty’ section. Please have your order number or serial number to hand when calling or contacting us.