At Encore we want you to be happy with your PC and Laptop, so we include a minimum 90 day warranty as standard. There are some exceptions to this, as noted below:
- Get Online @ Home
- If you purchased your computer through Microsoft's Get Online @ Home scheme, your device includes a 6 month warranty.
- Simplify Digital
- If you signed up for a broadband package through Simplify Digital and Get Online @ Home, your device includes a 12 month warranty.
- Open Box & New Items
- Items sold as new, or open box will come with the manufacturers standard 1 year warranty (Unless otherwise stated).
You can extend the warranty on your device to 12 months at the time of ordering.
To purchase the extended warranty, you will need to select the 12 month warranty option on the product page before adding to your basket.
What the warranty covers
Our warranty covers your machine against technical defects that develop within the warranty period defined above, starting from the day you receive your device. The warranty operates on a return to base policy (RTB) - by this we mean that we will collect your machine and return it to our repair centre to be fixed. We do not operate an on-site warranty or arrange for engineers to visit you at home or work.
Typical faults include:
- Hard drive failures
- Memory issues
- Screen/display issues (Cracked, damaged or broken screens are not covered unless the damage is caused in transit.)
- Battery not holding charge
- Keyboard/Trackpad/Speakers not working
- Power issues/Not Charging
Problems or faults that are not covered include: (This list is not exhaustive)
- Software Problems
- Viruses, Spyware, Malware, Ransomware
- Physical damage
- Water/Liquid Damage
- Damage caused by third party upgrades or modifications
- Malicious or intentional damage
Making A Claim
If something does go wrong with your machine and you're still within the warranty period, please contact our support team on 01785 786 783, by email at email@example.com or on live chat (available Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm). Please have your order number or serial number to hand when calling.
We'll discuss the problem that you're having and try our best to diagnose or guide you through some simple repairs over the phone (if you're technically minded!).
If we can't get it working over the phone, we'll arrange for a courier to collect the machine and bring it back to our repair centre. Our technicians will investigate the fault, and provided the issue is a warranty fault, we'll repair it and courier it back to you.
All collections and returns are sent via FedEx or DPD on a next day service, however it can take up to 10 working days for any repairs to be completed. We will always do our very best to get your machine back to you as quickly as possible.
We cannot be held responsible for loss of data, or need to remind you about backing up your data. Your data is your responsibility and you should take all necessary precautions to safeguard your data. It is possible that hard drives and/or solid state drives may be formatted or replaced when returned under warranty, regardless of any correspondence stating otherwise.
If your fault isn't covered
If the fault with your device is not covered under warranty, or the fault develops outside of the warranty period, we offer a fixed price repair service for most common faults.
For full details on our repairs service, please take see the Repairs and Upgrades information.